\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,218,465
  • Today: 12,949
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 15, 2024
  • 08:55 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
vince83
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have removed and installed carbs many times... and everytime (after time passes) I always find myself trying to line up the airbox boots so they align with the carbs... Is there a mark somewhere on boots and airbox that shows where they should be?

Thanks
Vince

djf18374
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

From what I have experienced, the carbs need to be bolstered upward after they're pushed into the inlet isolator rubbers first. This puts them in the right location for the airbox to just pop on nicely. Then the airbox needs to be pushed all the way forward and the top bolt tightened at that position.

tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Are you saying that your air box boots have rotated a bit? If that's the case, then they have to be realigned and glued back into place so they won't move. This is best done with the carbs and air box out of the frame. Also, I've found it easier to get the air box boots back on the carbs first. Tighten the clamps, then slide the airbox and carbs forward as a complete unit, and into the intake boots.

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
djf18374
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tom, on a 750, I don't think you have that luxury of enough space. All the 750's I've worked on have less space behind the airbox and will not allow it to slide back as far as on a 900F. Maybe they've all been mismatched parts? But they looked pretty bone stock to me...

houredout401
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was searching the board and did see a post that said there were alignment marks on the airbox and boots, but cant find that post. I'm about to glue some new ones in myself.

mikeahrens
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am also quite interested in this subject, as can be seen in the linked post!!!!!!!

Mike

http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86452

vince83
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tom,

Yes when they get rotated... I always struggle getting them back right.

Vince

toonces
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Loosen the battery box and inner fender, this allows the airbox to move back another 12mm or so.

djf18374
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

toonces, great advice! That's really all it needs is that extra half inch (mm are confusing Smile )

vince83
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input... I understand why people go to pods... Carbs in out in no time. Airbox big pain.

houredout401
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

houredout401 wrote:
I was searching the board and did see a post that said there were alignment marks on the airbox and boots, but cant find that post. I'm about to glue some new ones in myself.

So I can confirm airbox boots and box have markings to line them up. Very small raised dot on airbox and a little rubber tit on the boot. I'm really glad I spent some time on this as not only did I discover a torn boot, but one was badly misaligned, another was not fully seated in the airbox. You really have to work the boot into the hole to get it to seat on the edge of the box properly.

I also see why they say NO PODS on these bikes. Definitely a delicate pressure balance created by that airbox set up. For several months I have chased carb issues and had trouble synching carbs, either getting them all even, and getting them steady. With a re-sealed and properly set up airbox, the carbs synched up very easily, evenly, and the gauge was not jumping all over the place.

Also confirm that with rear fender and battery box moved back, the carbs slip right in, no wrestling at all. Definitely worth the 15 minutes to undo fender and battery box.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic