\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,219,967
  • Today: 14,451
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 15, 2024
  • 11:19 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My 29 year old daughter Becky just passed the rider safety course this past weekend and now has her license. She's anxious to start putting her new riding knowledge to use and is looking for her first bike. She really likes the older Nighthawk CB700SC's. They seem to be readily available for reasonable money. Any downsides with these? Too big for a first bike? She's fairly tall - around 5'7". I don't want her getting in over her head, but it would be nice if she can get something she can enjoy for a couple of years before outgrowing it.

It's going to be a great day when I get to ride with both of my kids for the first time. There will be a group shot for sure.

Tom

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
smurdoch
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Known to have second gear problems caused by worn shift forks.
Conversely, i knew a guy with a high mileage '86 that had no transmission problems at all. Don't know if they fixed the problem in the later years or if it was his diligent upkeep of the bike.

Can't think of a better way to spend time with the family than through motorcycles.

super
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

can't say i know anything about the nighthawk but, regarding height ..

Link

BlueThunder
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've got Jacob's CB450SC Nighthawk that will be put up for sale soon... He started riding BlueThunder. I started Jacob at this size for the same reason - I didn't want him to get over his head. Its real easy to get into trouble with a larger bike.

1977 GL1000 - Ox 
Grumpy32
Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tom, I had an 84 700 nighthawk and loved it. Fast little bike. wot... when it hits 8 k rpm, tell her to hang on. That's when the afterburner kicks in and that rocket lifts off. No problems mechanically, but i only had it a yr or so.. 1 thing though. the starter is chain driven off the crank, and if it breaks, split the cases time...... Or push start it

Short history on them...only made 3 years 84-5-6. Developed by Honda to get around the embargo the gov put on any import bikes over 700 cc's because Honda was flooding our market with cheap, below cost mc's. Almost put Harley Davidson under.

07 cb 900f hornet 919... the fastest Red one. 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic