\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,898,226
  • Today: 14,930
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 29, 2024
  • 12:08 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
jmart
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I inherited this bike from 7eleven a year ago because he was going to Iraq. I just started on it recently. i tore it all down in anticipation of doing a complete cbr rear with monoshock, then stepping up to a cbr front end, but I got too anxious and just started building it back up this weekend. Check out the before and after I'm psyched, should be on the road by this weekend!

I know its is the wrong gas tank. but that is the only one I had that had any gas in it. The correct one is getting body work and paint by me right now.

I'm so excited!!!

1981 CB750C 
fasterspider
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Jason, it had an air box at 1st, now it looks messed up. What happened?
The rest of the bike looks cool and it is too bad the k tank won't fit perfectly, they are a cool looking tank. That is why I want to build a Super K.

warpspeed
Black CB900F
Black CB900F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good. Nothing like taking a "hibernating" bike and waking it up. Any chance of you joining us on our westward ride to Utica?

Ratfink
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is that suade?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jmart
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ray,
those carbs are stage 3 right now. i threw them on with the pods because i'm still working on the bike and i hate taking that thing off and putting it back on. Also, i did a test ride around the block and that baby was on fire. I haven't synched the carbs yet or adjusted the valve clearances, so we'll see what happens.

warp,
i'll be out of town that weekend at my cousin's wedding in CA, but i really wanted to go. Do you know when that von blonde cafe roundup thing is happenming? I may try to go to that.

rat,
no it isn't suede, but it looks kinda cool. the old seat had been black, but faded to a purplish hue after many years in the sun i guess. i just hit it with some fabric/vinyl paint for the time being.

1981 CB750C 
fasterspider
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jmart wrote:
ray,
i'll be out of town that weekend at my cousin's wedding in CA,

Do not forget to bring my rotor's with you.
And, do not think for a minute that I do not like the way your bike looks, because I do like it and I think it looks bitchin.
Very good work you are doing and I can understand the difficulty of taking the carbs on and off alot.
Do what you have to do and do not listen to that kind of bullshit from me or anyone.
I am real proud of you and your creation. beerchug

cojonesdeloro
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hay dude, is that f3 wheel in a 750f swinger? how was it to fit many problems?? cool bike man, must get on with my 9 soon, keep it up.

Darren A. Very Happy

jmart
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Shit Ray, i keep forgetting about those damn rotors! They're already in a box ready to drop off at UPS. I'll get those out to you soon.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my work too!

Cojones:
Yes, it is an f3 wheel in the stock 750 swingarm. And it is a 180 tire. it is veeeery close to the chain. its a track tire so when it wears out i'll put a 10 back on it. the spacing from the centerline of the wheel to the centerline of a flipped 530 sprocket is slightly greater than that on the stock CBF wheel. This means that you either make the compromise on the chain line or the wheel line, or you split the difference. I turned some collars out of stainless to align the wheel properly. You also need to make a provision for the cbr rear caliper bracket stop. I need to figure out a simple yet elegant solution this week. I'm using a 17-43 sprocket combo, but i haven't taken it out yet. Eventually i'm going to install the complete CBr rear sus with monoshock, wut i am waiting for some 16mm id bearings so that i can use my stock pivotbolt.

1981 CB750C 
7Eleven
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Looks sharp Jason,
I didn't want to get rid of it because I was worried it would end up being crashed, ran into the ground, or parted out on E-Bay. You did what I wanted and then some. Thanks.

P.S. If you haven't already, check all the rubber intakes. I think at least one of them had some dryrott. A fat crack in one can be the quikest way to a melted piston you've ever seen.

jmart
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Will do Igor.

keep your head down and stay safe over there man. I need you to come back so we can work on the CBFs together.

talk to ya soon.

1981 CB750C 
jmart
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yea, i love the way she's coming out!!!

Taillight is a little crooked but i'm going to put an 'undertail' piece in with a flush mounted 700sc nighthawk brakelight in to replace it anyway.

Cool.jpg" alt="Image" title="Image" border="0" />

Canadian gauges and deleted cross-over fork air tube. I put some 1.5 inch preload pvc spacers in there when I was installing the new fork seals.

I'm making some shock risers until i get the monoshock figured out. I just got in some 16mm ID 35mm OD bearings for the cbr swinger so after I bore out the other collars for the pivot I can mount it up with my stock pivot bolt and figure out the monoshock.

I think that I have devised an idea for a removable aluminum upper mounting system that will be easy to machine. I just need to figure out the lower mounts and hit the machine shop. Weeeee!!!!!!!

But I still need to replace the intake boots, optimize the carb jetting, check valve clearances, design a new batterybox, and so on and so forth.... it never ends does it?

1981 CB750C 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic