\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,900,287
  • Today: 2,150
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 29, 2024
  • 03:29 am PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
robbo
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

After 13 years of fun, and occasional knuckle busting frustration, but mostly fun, I’m moving on.

It’s been a great nostalgia blast for me as I had a blue one back in ‘84-85. I was young and clueless. The bike mostly rode me and I’m probably lucky I didn’t write myself off. Rode with other young buddies and did a whole bunch of stuff my older self wouldn’t even want to do! Of course, if I could turn back the clock I’d do it again!😉

It was my third bike after getting back into it after more than 20 years off having kids, etc. Common story. This time I did a whole bunch of training courses and I learned to ride and learned I didn’t know how to ride when I was young. Common story - there’s a theme here. I also did more wrenching, and learned I’d mostly rather ride. Everybody likes different things.

I’m lucky to have room and deep enough pockets for a few bikes, but I’ve decided I need to make room for a new bike I have my eyes on. The grains of sand are falling and I want to enjoy some new experiences while I can enjoy them.

This forum has been a gold mine of info and inspiration for me the last 13 years. So much knowledge and experience here. It’s been great. I will definitely check back in once in a while to see some of the cool projects you guys have going. There’s lots going on in this forum. I still remember reading Sonicrete and Soy Boy Sigh’s posts. That was some entertainment right there!

X7eater
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Unique and beautiful bike Robbo, and with all those spares, a new owner is going to have a great asset.

I'm in Brisbane, and if it wasn't for the February flood and all the ensuing costs I'd be banging your door down.

robbo
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

People are indeed banging my door down. Within hours of my ad being posted I got a deposit for the full ask, and he’s picking it up tomorrow morning. Another guy has offered me 3 G’s over the ask, but I’m honouring the deal I made with the first guy, because it’s the fair thing to do. I guess the used market is hot right now. Anyway, it sounds like the purchaser wants to restore it, so it’s definitely going to a good home.

CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You say the purchaser wants to restore it? What the hell is wrong with it? Unless he wants to get it back to the way it was on the showroom floor. I'd ride it just the way it sits!
It looks great!

Cheers!
Chris

robbo
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

CDN1100F wrote:
You say the purchaser wants to restore it? What the hell is wrong with it? Unless he wants to get it back to the way it was on the showroom floor. I'd ride it just the way it sits!
It looks great!

Cheers!
Chris

I know right? Everybody wants different things I guess. He came and got it this morning and was impressed and allowed as to how maybe he would just enjoy it as is. New buyers do like to “make it theirs” though and I’m sure he’ll make some changes.

I didn’t feel too bad as he rode away. Seemed like a really nice bloke and my bike will live on and be appreciated. I told him about this forum being the global nerve centre for these bikes so maybe he’ll pop up here soon.

Black CB750F
Black CB750F

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What is your asking price? I don't see that anywhere?

2006 H-D Fatboy 
Hondo57
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought you had a Captain America Chopper

MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rob did indeed point me this way and I've just registered..!! My original intentions were to put it back into Concourse condition, but after a 180kms ride with some mates this morning I can't bring myself to remove the CR carbs, Ohlin's etc etc and will now tidy up a few things (not that it needs much doing to it) and ride it like it was meant to be ridden. A great bike...takes me right back to the 80's when I was young and stupid.... Cheers Steve P

cliffiec
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome, Steve! Ride safely, and keep us posted on your "new" bike!

Silence is the best reply to a Fool!

Ever notice that people who think they know everything never shut up? 
genesound
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SteveP155 wrote:
Rob did indeed point me this way and I've just registered..!! My original intentions were to put it back into Concourse condition, but after a 180kms ride with some mates this morning I can't bring myself to remove the CR carbs, Ohlin's etc etc and will now tidy up a few things (not that it needs much doing to it) and ride it like it was meant to be ridden. A great bike...takes me right back to the 80's when I was young and stupid.... Cheers Steve P

I think you made the right choice! Wink

Welcome here!

We don\'t see things as they are
we see things as we are

Viton Valve Stem Seals
12.9 Cam Holder Bolts

CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

genesound wrote:
SteveP155 wrote:

I think you made the right choice! Wink

Welcome here!

+1 on that! Welcome, you didn't waste any time checking in!!! Enjoy your new ride!!

Cheers!
Chris

herdygerdy
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sad to hear you parted with it Rob, especially after SO much hard work you put into it. Hope you are still with QF.

Welcome aboard Steve, you are going to LOVE your gorgeous new to you 'Coke Can' aka 'Roller Door'.

PM me if you need valve shims or a carb balance (I'm in Sydney too - Inner West)

X7eater
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good to know you have some valve shims, I’m in Brissy and might need some in the 12 months.

SteveP155
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the offer of help with the shims... I'm going to install the ceramic coated cam cover that Rob had done sometime in the next couple of weeks, and will check the valve clearances while I have it removed. Cheers Steve

robbo
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking back to when I first purchased this bike in ‘09. If I had to do it again, and knowing how much time, effort and money I poured into it, I would’ve bypassed and found the best possible bike and happily paid double. These are great bikes but you gotta put the effort in or else they’re just tired old problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic