\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 72,897,128
  • Today: 13,921
Server InfoServer Info
  • Mar 28, 2024
  • 10:35 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
rl750
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As long as we're looking at single-cammers I thought I'd throw mine in for viewing.
Not the sharpest focus but still one of my favorite shots of the old girl we call "Asian Orange"
If any of you are also sohc4 forum members you may already know this bike.It was a 6 year project
with some small-parts fab and lots of grunt work by me but all the heavy lifting--design,mechanical, etc.
was the work of Jeff Stephens of Godffery's Garage. I hope you like the result as much as I do.

Last edited by rl750 on Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:18 pm; edited 3 times in total 
djf18374
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That is very well thought out and executed. I like the use of the newer Honda emblems on the tank. It actually makes it look similar to the 2014 CB1100 Deluxe tank. Cool! Smile

f4fast
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice!

Lots I like about this bike. Has fenders, so you can actually ride it around. Sometimes it rains when riding, even when you don’t necessarily expect it.

Has the classic vintage “Superbike” seating and riding position, so you can actually ride it around.

Nice exhaust, nice fit and finish, new emblem looks good here, aluminum rims , nice front rotors as well.

All nice stuff, no obvious mistakes (brown seat, grips, exhaust pipe wrap, handle bars)

Nice job!

swiftnick
Black CB900F
Black CB900F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

I like that. Very nice.

2012 ST1300
1982 CX500 Turbo
1991 FJ1200
1976 CB750 Super Sport
1986 VFR750F
1985 VF1000R 
STDocLizard
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Slick!

Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am just going to echo what everyone else has said! Very nicely executed, no extra fluff, and I love the moniker you have given the beast!
I like that you kept the "old school" rear drum, but have some serious stopping power up front!
What tires are you running?

Cheers!
Chris

DrOlds
Silver CB900F
Silver CB900F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice, you can see the effort you put into the build. I especially like how you matched the side covers to the tail piece. My question (I am not a SOHC member) .... what front wheel did you use to get dual disc brakes on a spoke rim?

rl750
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to hear all the kind words- The wheels are Sun rims 4.25 x 18 rear and 2.15 x 18 front.
Hubs are stock with lots of "visual upgrade"
Tires are Continental ContiGos 150/70 rear and 110/80 front. If you google "asian orange cb 750"
you can find a nice walk-around video. Pay no attention to the guy babbling in the background (me)
I forgot he was recording sound too. It was also featured on the Rocket Garage website with a full list
of build components.

Last edited by rl750 on Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:52 am; edited 4 times in total 
hondaron
Rest in Peace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Doc, what front wheel ? I’ll answer as I’m afflicted with the SOHC sickness as well 😀

Stock 750 front hub, discs and calipers

You have to bore out the right disc for Speedo drive and modify caliper mount bracket to line up with disc on right side.

Beautiful motorcycle 😀

rl750
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Also concerning the dual disc conversion - counterboring the bolt holes on the rotor centers allows you to use the bolts from a single-disc wheel
(this hub is from a earlier K model) The bike is a "78 and those front hubs were butt-ugly compared to the earlier ones

Last edited by rl750 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total 
CDN1100F
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the links to this beautiful machine. Even when searching "Asian Orange" in youtube, you get a bunch of hits on "Agent Orange" come up first, and some of the thumbnails are not pretty!!!!
Now that I've seen this bike running and the walk around, it is fucking gorgeous!!! Bike show material for sure.

Cheers!
Chris

Link

Link

rl750
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We entered it in the Rockerbox Show at Road America in 2017 and came home with Best Cafe Racer AND Peoples Choice awards. But the best rewards we get are all the positive comments we get from people.One guy told me that "If Honda ever decided to make a retro version of the sohc 750 that is exactly what it should look like"
The most fun is when a person knows the stock 750 very well and can pick out all the bits that are custom
One of the few comments I didn't like came from a guy who glanced at the bike and said, "Orange and black... aren't those Harley colors?"
Actually the color choices were inspired by those on the 1974 cb550.

Last edited by rl750 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:03 am; edited 2 times in total 
tomk1960
Red CB1100F
Red CB1100F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not usually a fan of cafe bikes, mainly because they're poorly executed, kluged together, and never really "finished." This is an example of the exact opposite, where a lot of thought, creativity, and time were put into it to do it right and get it to the finish line. All great builds want to look like something that could have come from the factory, and this one fully qualifies. Great job, Russ!

CB1100F's - multiple flavors 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rl750
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Tom- I think the long build time was a good thing in that much time was spent considering our options to get the style and functions we were after.
The bike basically evolved as we went along. As I said earlier all the credit goes to Jeff (aka Godffery) Stephens, my close friend and builder for the overall design
and execution. I told him at the start that I much preferred the street fighter style to cafe racers- for the same reasons that you stated- so we tried for more of a
"vintage streetfighter " style. I also wanted to be able to ride it further than the nearest bar!
I would urge anyone who is working with pre-1979 Hondas or custom fabrication in general to visit his website. ( godfferysgarage.com )
It's worth a look just to see the parts and services that he offers.

Russ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic