\', Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website, \' - \', Dedicated to Honda SuperSport lovers past present and future., \'
  Login or Register
Modules

User Info
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 73,219,076
  • Today: 13,560
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 15, 2024
  • 09:56 pm PDT

Honda CB750/900/1100F SuperSport Website: SuperSport Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
cb11newb
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
Having owned in the past a 750F and a 900F (with Hondaline fairing), I am now the proud owner of not one but two CB1100F's. (see link below) I'm told they are runners but both are projects to varying degrees. The blue is a true Cdn model, the red, an imported US model. So looking forward to getting these back on the road. I want to go back to stock or close to as much as possible. I have a factory exhaust that I'll likely mount if I can get it to clean up. Not too concerned with 'mint' condition, or museum quality, just going for good road worthy examples of these great bikes. I do have the red side covers. Not seen is the little tinted window is missing in the red cowl. May try to source (have made) that locally or convert to the round headlight bucket, (but not change the instrument cluster.) The blue one has 83,000kms (51,000 miles), the red ONLY 18,000kms (11,000 miles).
Sorry in advance for all the upcoming questions I'll be asking....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wky6wd0f5nhhbdq/cbtwins.jpg?dl=0

SEsmick
Silver CB750F
Silver CB750F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rare that someone joins with all 4 in hand already! Questions are great, welcome to the site! Important to keep your cool with these guys (bikes and forum members, haha) as they can take a little to get used to, I'm sure you already know.

Good luck!

Fitter
Friend of the Board
Friend of the Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bikes look great! Welcome to the Forum.
You in the north or south of Alberta?

sillygoose
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You can likely find a used meter cover from a forum member if you ask, to switch the round headlight you need to swap out the meters and a whole lot more so I doubt it is worth it unless you really want it to look Canadian.

For the Canadian 1100f parts fiche I use this web site:

http://www.powerplantmotorcycles.com.au/partFinder/fiche/honda/1983/cb1100f#component

And for the US 1100f parts fiche Partzilla works well:

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/1983/cb1100f-a-super-sport

And to download a PDF copy of the US 1100f parts fiche go here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9k6iwy19hrj1nxz/CB1100F%20%28US-spec%29%20Parts%20Manual.pdf

And to embed your Dropbox photos (because I am lazy and don’t like to click a link) in a post take the Dropbox link and replace ‘www’ with ‘dl’ and delete the trailing ‘?dl=0’. Unfortunately the site is not good with photos so will need to resize them to make them look good in a post.

cb11newb
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all. I am in north Alberta. Sherwood Park. (Edmonton)

Did a slight better visual assessment today. Bought these in a dimly lit garage (who hasn't?). Not going to complain. Had an idea what I'm in for and the bones are there to get a couple of classics on the road.

Both bikes: Was told both tanks were drained prior to storing. However I can hear a bit of fuel sloshing in each tank. Both swing arms seem to be pitted with nicks and marks and have rust issues. Tires shite on both (not biggie). Fork seals no good. Will likely pop the tanks on both and drain and flush the tanks and service the petcocks. It appears that the black chrome on the mirrors and the chrome chain guards didn't stand the test of time. All are pitted and now rust has set in. But I have three out of four factory mirrors.

Blue bike: Ignition was swapped out as its a different key than the tank and helmet lock. Tank looks good inside. Was registered and ridden in 2014 so not too far back and doesn't smell to lacquery inside. Hideous exhaust and no center stand so I will put the factory one on this bike and get a center stand. I will focus on this one first.

Red bike: no key yet. PO has them but needs to go through his key board.... Despite the low miles (I can confirm Ode is in miles not kms as I originally mentioned) and decent paint (no fade, just a scratch or two) it looks like it lived a life under cover but not cared for; rusty bolts throughout and almost everywhere metal was/is exposed or had any sort of rub. Understandable I guess. Red, in general needs more love.

cb11newb
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And the red one. Sorry again. Still getting used to the posting pic size thing.

cb11newb
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Red Bike: The V&H exhaust has stood up quite well. I'll likely keep this exhaust on this bike as it still allows me both a side and center stand. Looks like a replacement rear brake rotor. Now looking for a OEM plastic battery box and both OEM positive cable (from solenoid to positive battery) and negative cable. Someone in this bikes history added two very long cables (likely whatever they had laying around).

Blue bike: Powered it up yesterday evening. All electrics functioning normally. Some fresh fuel and got it running. Crazy loud with no baffle. But running, which is a win.

Junwa
Twinstar
Twinstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cb11newb wrote:

Blue bike: Powered it up yesterday evening. All electrics functioning normally. Some fresh fuel and got it running. Crazy loud with no baffle. But running, which is a win.

Running!!!! Well Done!!!!

J

cb11newb
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Update. Red bike; running as well. Now these girls need a good ride. Get everything moving inside with some fresh hot oil.

Going to continue to 'flush' carbs for now; Seafoam etc. They appear to be ok, not clogged or plugged judging by idle and revving to 5000-6000rpm

Put factory exhaust and center stand on the blue bike. Still having ignition key switch problems on the red bike (different thread on that) so may be looking for a stock functioning switch.

cb11newb
MB-5
MB-5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Red bike runs like a champ. I've been out on it a number of times. One forgets these older bikes had all the get up and go as todays. So much fun. Would like to find a set of side panels, will post in Market. PO claims he's got a set but getting him to look/find them has been challenging to say the least.
Blue bike has not been out too much. In the process of putting a 530 gold chain from a CB900F on it and of course the out-sourced generic master link doesn't fit.... since I did not buy an new chain (which would include the ML made for that brand) I'm trying to source out the correct one. It is a DID chain but my local shop doesnt' stock the brand of 530 ML. I could likely order one which puts the bike in dry dock that much longer.

houredout401
Hawk
Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Both bikes run without a carb clean, that's like winning the lottery! Side panels a bit tough to come buy, but you can buy unpainted new ones on ebay if you feel like painting. Exact match decals available as well.

Bucko
CB1100F
CB1100F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

cb11newb wrote:
Still having ignition key switch problems on the red bike (different thread on that) so may be looking for a stock functioning switch.

You can take the switch apart to clean the internal contacts which, over time, can get dirty/corroded (very common). There's a trick to taking the switch apart - insert the key and turn it a bit to the point where the plastic tabs that lock the base (switch plate) to the lock body can be pressed in - releasing the switch plate. You can buy a replacement switch plate but the originals are better quality and better fit so clean up the original if it's an option (sometimes it's not). Either way, you get to keep the same key.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cb1100f.net Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic